A severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) caused by food, latex or an insect sting can lead to throat swelling, breathing problems, heart attack and even death. Epinephrine can halt that severe allergic reaction.
- Severe hitching or hives
- Sneezing, coughing or wheezing
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness and swelling of the throat
- Dramatic swelling of the throat
- Tightness in the chest
- Dramatic swelling of the face, tongue, an/or mouth
- Vomiting, cramps, urinary incontinence or diarrhoea
- Convulsions or loss of responsiveness
- Check breathing and administer CPR if necessary.
- Administer adrenaline (Epi-Pen) ASAP as per directions on packaging.
- Give the casualty first aid for unresponsiveness and/or seizures.
- Place in recovery position if unresponsive.